August 7th, 2010

Gotwoot Scans

Posted by Archangel in Gotwoot Scans, Manga

Gotwoot Scans is proud to present its first project:

Mononokemono

GenreSchool Life | Shounen | Slice of Life | Supernatural

Ibuki, returning to his childhood town for his grandmother’s funeral, is not at all shocked to find that nothing in the little town has changed. Except that he finds out that his grandmother had remarried and that he is now succeeding her as the “Mononokemono.”

Baka-Updates | MyMangaList

Mononokemono Chapter 01 – Direct Download | Read Online | Discussion

Come join us at irc – #gotwoot

17 Responses to ' Gotwoot Scans '

1. arr said,
    on August 7th, 2010 at 9:52 pm

thanks so much for the release! i love this series :3

2. French Fries said,
    on August 7th, 2010 at 11:06 pm

the first chapter seems to be really good. Thanks for scanlating!

3. Mindflayer said,
    on August 7th, 2010 at 11:31 pm

Thanks for picking this up!

4. ikkzikk said,
    on August 8th, 2010 at 2:29 am

Something unexpected, so you also do scanlations. I haven’t really been into such so far, perhaps I’ll try one now. Thanks for so much work!

5. DeadlyOats said,
    on August 8th, 2010 at 4:49 pm

Scanlation, eh? Hmmmm…. I’ll give it a try…

6. DeadlyOats said,
    on August 8th, 2010 at 4:59 pm

I’m using Ubuntu. Is there a reader or something I can use to read the manga instead of clicking on each image one at a time? If there is such a thing, what is it called?

7. DeadlyOats said,
    on August 8th, 2010 at 5:01 pm

Never mind…. I figured it out. Sorry for all of these posts….

8. req said,
    on August 9th, 2010 at 3:54 pm

Yeah, don’t tell people about your findings that initially didn’t hit your face. Not that I’d use Linux, but how pointless a last comment could you possibly have written? However, does GotWoot suggest any particular way to read their scanlations just in case they know of some really fine method where people could otherwise feel (half) comfortable enough with the first best solution that occurs to them?

9. Archangel said,
    on August 9th, 2010 at 5:35 pm

Actually there is a piece of very useful software i do personally use for reading manga, I’ll post about it on our next release

10. DeadlyOats said,
    on August 9th, 2010 at 6:46 pm

:oops: Sorry… My solution was to double click the cover. The reader automatically opens, then I just have to click on the next button to get to the next page. If you have a scroll wheel on your mouse, you can zoom the page in and out.

11. DeadlyOats said,
    on August 9th, 2010 at 6:51 pm

In Ubuntu Linux, the reader is called, Eye of GNOME 2.28.1. It’s an Image viewer.

on August 9th, 2010 at 8:05 pm

so gotwoot is doing manga now?

on August 10th, 2010 at 12:36 am

same deal as the fansubs. community members came together to do some projects, we’ll see where it goes.

14. aniluv said,
    on August 11th, 2010 at 8:45 pm

Are u guys still releasing house of five leaves?

15. shiiten said,
    on August 12th, 2010 at 2:10 am

thank you so much for this series and the wonderful scans, i really love this author and none of the works usually gets the attention it deserves! i hope you guys keep on doing great work!

16. tan-tan-tan said,
    on August 14th, 2010 at 6:48 am

About manga readers. Under Linux I use QComicBook, under Windows – MangaMeeya.

About release itself. I think this manga lacks something important and has something annoying, not sure if I’ll follow it.

And there’s a lil grammar mistake on page 43, middle panel, rightmost bubble. It should be “this cat even foRget”.

Anyway thanks and good luck.

17. on January 30th, 2011 at 2:33 pm

[...] Our friends over at GotWoot Scans are looking for a Typesetter in  order to continue scanlating the beloved series known as Mononokemono. [...]