October 21st, 2008

Shikabane Hime Aka Dropped (sorta)

Posted by lambchopsil in Site News

Well, technically not really dropped, since we never actually released an episode yet…

Due to the recent announcement by FUNimation Entertainment that they will be streaming Shikabane Hime Aka on YouTube and Hulu, we have decided against releasing any episodes of this show. We are sorry if any of you were waiting for our version of this show and if so, we invite you to watch it legally when FUNimation releases it this Friday (October 24th).

It is unsure whether the AnimeONE & AnimeYuki team will be doing anything this season to replace Shikabane, but if we do, we’ll post something as soon as we release!

Thanks for your support.

11 Responses to ' Shikabane Hime Aka Dropped (sorta) '

1. buffalobiian said,
    on October 22nd, 2008 at 5:46 am

Damn, that’s unfortunate news. I suppose it’s good in that animation companies are trying ti bring out stuff to the west in a more timely manner. Too bad they have to downgrade their quality to crappy streams though. Meh, whatever. I’ll be looking out for any shows you guys might pick up instead 😉

2. Pyro said,
    on October 22nd, 2008 at 9:14 am

Meh the Stream quality isn’t that much worse then the Funimation DVDs lol

— Ok enough jabs from my side 🙂

Streaming anime is a small step in the right direction, I’d honestly love to see places like Funimation and the others release the DVDs with fansub style subs at the same time the Japanese audience gets them. The speed that they release DVDs in the US after the Japanese release is bad, but it’s horrendous for places like England & Australia too.

So Funimation Listen up kids, Release the DVDs in a timely manor with awesome subs and I’d actually think of buying DVDs as they’re released instead of waiting for the box set to get extremely cheap to buy. — Dubs are of no concern to me, nor any true anime Fan. Dubs are for the avid fan, Saturday morning cartoons, and cartoon network.

on October 23rd, 2008 at 9:26 pm

how about the batch for Yaku??

4. buffalobiian said,
    on October 23rd, 2008 at 9:31 pm
  5. JaxQVQ said,
    on October 23rd, 2008 at 9:47 pm

Are you guys still on Macross? Been more than a month since the last release, and the series already finished, so I was just wondering if you had maybe dropped it. I’ve been sticking it through with you guys since ep. 1, and I’m not gonna switch unless it’s officially dropped or something

6. lambchopsil said,
    on October 23rd, 2008 at 11:46 pm

We haven’t dropped Macross F. It’s still being worked on, but yeah, very slowly…

For the Yaku batch, I actually mentioned that to our distro 1-2 weeks ago, but obviously no results

on October 24th, 2008 at 5:48 am

Ah darn it!!

I could go to ISO Hunt, but I’d rather get the official batch when it comes out and dl that (and seed that a little bit).

And I’m also waiting up on Macross Fronter (batch). Hasn’t the series finished a little while ago?

😕

I thought it finished around the time when Geass R2 completed.

8. lambchopsil said,
    on October 24th, 2008 at 7:42 am

Just because it finished airing doesn’t mean that we finished fansubbing it

9. buffalobiian said,
    on October 24th, 2008 at 8:59 am

I don’t really see the difference between an “official batch” and a “non-official” one. Same files, just compiled by a different person. You can help by seeding that “illimitable” one too 😛

10. Slay said,
    on October 24th, 2008 at 10:19 pm

There is a difference: AnimeOne (or any fansub group) will gladly re-seed their official batch if you ask but you’re stuck begging for seeds on a non-official one if it gets to that point. Anyway about Shikabane, the only reason I still haven’t checked it out was because I was waiting for AonE/AnY’s version. Hopefully that joint team will do another fall show.

11. Noftowentee said,
    on November 12th, 2008 at 7:32 pm

Спасибо за пост! Добавил блог в RSS-ридер, теперь читать буду регулярно..