October 12th, 2008

Yozakura Quartet – New Project!!!

Here’s the first of our new projects! A lovely new series called Yozakura Quartet. And episode 1 is out~

Basically, it’s about youkai, which you can think of as spirits, that have historically been antagonized by humans. Sakura-Shin is a youkai city jointly led by humans and youkai. Meanwhile, evil youkai strive to break the peace.

The “Quartet” in the name refers to the main group of 4 characters that aim to keep the peace.

And the reason I know so much is because…this is my first fansub project with AonE since…my break that lasted too long…

Note: We are NOT doing an HD version of this

18 Responses to ' Yozakura Quartet – New Project!!! '

1. Blackbird said,
    on October 12th, 2008 at 7:22 pm

Could we get a Xvid please? ^^

2. Animeblue said,
    on October 12th, 2008 at 7:28 pm

thanx Aone for picking up Yozakura Quartet but I got one ? will you guys will be doing the widescreen version also?

3. sydow said,
    on October 12th, 2008 at 8:00 pm

no -xvid again ,aone is truning into crap >_> first ryoko and now this whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

4. kouk2002 said,
    on October 12th, 2008 at 8:19 pm

Thanks alot guys, i kept seeing people who had planned on doing this but decided not to, glad you guys are doing it, first episode was interesting. Personally i have no real problem regarding file type, the only reason im not too keen on mkv is i have to use a different media player.

5. crumja said,
    on October 12th, 2008 at 10:16 pm

We will be moving away from xvid releases in the future. Anything aired in SD you can expect us to release in AVC mkv only. HD releases will have dual release in HD AVC MKV softsub and SD xvid AVI hardsub.

The reason is that low resolution SD AVC is playable on most PCs now and helps to reduce our different release types. This also allows better video quality, smaller file sizes, and faster releases.

Let me know if there is a *pressing* need for xvid releases. Most likely you just need to change your video player.

6. Hamlon said,
    on October 12th, 2008 at 10:59 pm

Thanks, but I will personally wait and see if any group releases the WS/16:9 version for this series.

on October 13th, 2008 at 4:54 am

So this isn’t the joint that you guys are doing with AnimeYuki? Hm…So I guess we can expect another project to be announced soon.

That’s awesome!!

And I’ll probably be checking this series out.

8. Poli said,
    on October 13th, 2008 at 6:49 am

F – Xvid

on October 13th, 2008 at 8:54 am

=)

H264–AAC–mkv is the way to go.

Please release exclusively like that.

For people who only have computers that can handle up to XviD…I honestly have to say that it’s about time you upgrade the RAM and HDD (at least) or get a new computer.

I don’t have much money and I’m running on a laptop that’s a bit over 3 years old now. I’ve had the LCD replaced a total of 5 times and the entire motherboard replaced once (with the warranty).

I’ve only upgraded the HDD to 120 GB (from 60 GB) and the RAM to 1 GB (from 512 MB) and for the most part, all of the HD, 720p, etc etc… All that stuff runs fine.

It doesn’t run perfectly when the resolution and whatnot gets any higher, but it still plays.

I’d of course prefer to have a new laptop with at least Core 2 Duo and maybe 2 or 3 GB of RAM, but right now, the specs I have are ok.

You might want to make sure you have CCCP installed on your computer. Maybe that’s your problem.

10. Rob said,
    on October 13th, 2008 at 10:29 am

Why do you release HD in avi? Isn’t the MKV enough? There’s the SD MKV. Why another AVI one with HD? And even my old AMD 2800+ was able to handle h264 and that thing’s old, so why?
    For the file size, there are enough sites where you can upload stuff etc.

11. Karen said,
    on October 13th, 2008 at 11:42 am

@Suiton
    This isn’t only a problem of Ram or Pc, but because not all have the xbox or ps3 for see .mkv, so a normal xvid .avi sd is good too.
    For my Pc the .mkv are good but i prefer a sd xvid for my reader

12. guardian said,
    on October 13th, 2008 at 2:31 pm

Guys please pick a better raw (IF any is available) Don’t get me wrong; i love your work and really appreciate all your hard work . It’s just that on my 24″ monitor the show looked like … well you understand without me saying it 🙄

13. crumja said,
    on October 14th, 2008 at 1:25 am

The raw is a .ts stream capture. You can’t get better than that heh. The station that it airs on isn’t very good tho =/

Hm… You can transcode the mkv video to hardsub avi or xbox, right?

The reason we don’t do xvid releases now is that the costs outweigh the benefits. The # of ppl who watch on devices are very small, and we’d have to do dual releases (slow us down) or xvid only (lower quality). No one would be happy with that.

14. digiboy123 said,
    on October 14th, 2008 at 10:39 pm

Thanks, AonE!

Just finished Koihime, Ryoko and looks like we get another series that will have good subs.

15. Silent said,
    on October 15th, 2008 at 12:39 pm

Instead crumja, i become more happy if i can watch the xvid for my device.
    And the “lower quality” isn’t so lower when i watch it on my device(for that raw there isn’t many difference, probably if you increase the size of the file), and the “slow us down”, for encode the xvid you need around 1hour(if you haven’t a bad pc), so we’re more happy with dual release (hq mkv and sd avi), because the fan prefer all two release, the problem is only if the fansubber don’t want encode it, so don’t be always ready with one’s excuses because is only sad, tell only that you don’t want waste time to do all two of it:smile:

16. NinjaZeroEight said,
    on October 16th, 2008 at 12:04 am

Glad to see animeone picking up an interesting show. I can’t wait for Shikabane Hime either!

And.. MKV all the way!!

I don’t need avi for my ps3 because I got my computer hooked up to my tv anyway!

17. crumja said,
    on October 16th, 2008 at 1:38 am

Silent: Obviously you’re not aware of the stringent QC we pass all of our episodes through. A second version means the QCers need to do double the work in watching another version and checking for errors. And by lower quality I do mean for the same filesize compared with x264. It’s not that difficult to convert to another format on your own.

With that said, our unofficial policy is to do dual releases for shows that we release in HD. The HD version will be x264 MKV softsubbed. The SD version will be avi xvid hardsubbed. If we have an upscaled raw, we will release only one version as x264 MKV softsubbed in SD. Of course, this is contingent on approval from our partner groups for projects that we joint on.

Finally, I do want to comment on the growing sense of entitlement that the community has. It’s grown to a point that it’s not fun anymore because people like you constantly whine about how we “should” do something that we’re doing for free. Your input is appreciated. But if we don’t decide to follow it, it probably means that there’s a very good reason. You’re not privy to how everything goes in the staff channels, so I don’t think your speculations on what will be affected by dual releases is valid.

18. Mybody said,
    on November 21st, 2008 at 11:52 pm

At least for SD in MKV it makes sense to transcode AAC Stereo to Vorbis (aotuv q3 or q4) because it almost halves the audio track as the transport streams seem to use some ridiculous high bitrate. 32 MiB for 24 minutes in stereo is silly. I mean it isn’t even an opera.