March 8th, 2007

group news

Posted by complich8 in Anime, releases, Site News

Conan-kun from AnimeOne asked me to post this. Consider it the official group stance.

Dear AonE fans,

After fansubbing Naruto for over 4 years, we regret to inform everyone that we will not be continuing with the series past season one (episode 220). This is for a variety of reasons but the main being that subbing the show is just no longer fun for a lot of the staff members. The show is also a tremendous use of resources for AonE which is hurting our other shows. Naruto Shippuden is not the only show that we are “dropping”, we will also not be continuing with the Gundam SEED Destiny Special Editions. We will however be subbing the Stargazer OVAs. We ARE still subbing Daa! Daa! Daa!, so do not fear DDD fans.

By making these sacrifices, we can better concentrate on our current shows as well as possibly a new one that we are interested in. We will be doing everything possible to catch up on our backload and finish some old shows (BBB, SnS III, etc) before the next season begins.

These decisions have not come easy. There have been many heated discussions behind the scenes. We are facing an evolving fansubbing world, and unless we consolidate our resources we will be unable to keep up.

We are still recruiting for staff members, particularly Translators, QC, and TSers. Please see us on IRC in #aone-recruit (on irc.rizon.net) and private message an op.

Regardless of the show, AonE will continue to provide high quality fansubs for everyone to enjoy. Thank you for all your support!

AonE Staff

Discuss.

88 Responses to ' group news '

on March 10th, 2007 at 7:36 pm

We’re not gonna do it… stop already and get over.

2. Krate said,
    on March 10th, 2007 at 8:01 pm

I had a feeling this would happen since AnimeONE never made any confirmations about fansubbing Naruto: Shippuuden.

I just want to say thanks for subbing Naruto (and everything else I’ve downloaded from you guys). It’s sad that you decided to stop but it’s understandable, especially with a long series like this. I stuck with AonE’s Naruto releases, and only AonE\\\’s for this long, so I will continue to watch the rest of the series until you guys finish it (and once I actually catch up with what you have released so far!). I appreciate your hard work. Once again, thanks AnimeONE.

I’ll start reading the manga after the last episode is released.

3. Sariachan said,
    on March 10th, 2007 at 8:48 pm

BadGuy, not all people used Aone\\\’s Naruto episodes only for archive purposes… I and many others only saw your realeses and waited for them not caring that they came later than others\\\’.
    Quality before speed. I really liked this aspect of AonE and I\\\’ll miss it in Naruto Shippuuden… but I see other anime subbed by your group, so it won\\\’t be so bad, hopefully. 😉

4. Ichigo| said,
    on March 11th, 2007 at 11:02 am

is there way of changing aone’s decision? like donating a certain amount to aone?

5. CitriC said,
    on March 11th, 2007 at 11:43 am

naruto have maybe as much as downloads as the other series all together .. how many people watch naruto and how many ppl watch DAA or whatever ?

I mean just look at your forum!! Naruto has ALMOST THE DOUBLE of posts than your general Anime concerning all of the other! and if we are also talking about the manga then more of 50% of the posts are about Naruto! besides the comments of your frontpage when there is a naruto topic the amount of people commenting skyrockets

i hope in the near future you will see how wrong you were about leaving Naruto! i agree with Ichigo anyway of saving Naruto subbing ? i bet there would be A LOT of folks volunteering!

6. MiyuXKanata said,
    on March 11th, 2007 at 1:06 pm

YOU GUYS ROCK :grin::grin::grin:
    Thank god that Daa! Daa! Daa! is not dropped 😥
    I am so looking forward for DDD episodes.
    And Ofcourse more of you high quality releases 😆
    Thank you so much guys.
    I dont think saying thank you would even be enough.

7. GomuNingen said,
    on March 11th, 2007 at 2:57 pm

Naruto 214-215 is out! Go get it!!! We\’re getting closer to the end! 😥

8. Jonko Nakker said,
    on March 11th, 2007 at 3:43 pm

hey, thanks for saying that the new torrents were released! Ussually I just check the frontpage for the big news and releases, but I guess this will be the BIG news for a while 😛

9. KT said,
    on March 11th, 2007 at 4:29 pm

Aww, man ; ;

Like a week before Shippuuden was even released, a friend and I were both talking excitedly about how we couldn\\\\\\\’t wait for AonE to catch up and release it (since we don\\\\\\\’t really like DB) And now I see this… Sadness T_T

Thanks for subbing Naruto throughout the years though. You\\\\\\\’ll be sorely missed ; ;

10. koenig nord said,
    on March 11th, 2007 at 7:18 pm

thanks for all the subs, you were always my favorite subbing-team for naruto and gundam seed.

i love you for what you ve done all theses years!

you are the best, so thank you alot

good luck for the future

11. zlitz said,
    on March 11th, 2007 at 7:56 pm

I think this is a good decision. DB\’s naruto release is OK. Naruto is to long anyway to be in my collection (watch/delete) 😛 . Now that there\’s no more Naruto, AonE can cocentrate on BBB!

Me like BBB 😀

Keep up the good work AonE!

12. defabe said,
    on March 11th, 2007 at 10:06 pm

In my opinion , naruto\\\’s dropping means that Aone will be forgotten by fans.
    Don t know Daa Daa Daa, but others projects aren\\\’t as exciting as naruto, and certainly less asked.
    We respect your point of view ,but at least ,you could finished this first season.

I hope you ll do.

\\

13. Gwynnbleid1 said,
    on March 12th, 2007 at 1:13 am

Well….so sad!!!!! I deleted more than 150 episodes just to download the whole series from you!!!! Thanks for your hard work!!!!!!!

Well… I DO hope you will change your mind…

14. cool guy said,
    on March 12th, 2007 at 4:58 am

Keep it up AimeOne 😉
    Im sure that Daa! Daa! Daa! Fans are flying from happieness 😆

15. Seruji-sama said,
    on March 12th, 2007 at 5:21 am

Gwynnbleid1: you’ll still get the complete part 1 of Naruto by AnimeOne…

16. Shini said,
    on March 12th, 2007 at 4:48 pm

Too bad AonE won\’t continue subbing Naruto. I always waited for AonE\’s version.

Thank you AonE for subbing this for so long, it was really ace.

NOW GO SUB INITIAL D!! 😈

17. badrobot said,
    on March 12th, 2007 at 11:41 pm

AonE, I hope you reconsider subbing shipuuden. I’ve enjoyed the entire Naruto series thanks to you guys. Hopefully the new series draws you in too and you decide that it’s worth the time and effort to distribute it the rest of the gaijin like me :wink:.

Thanks for all you’ve done.

18. Anon said,
    on March 13th, 2007 at 2:52 am

what? you\’re dropping naruto for crappy shows like BBB or GR? I was waiting to see shippuuden with YOUR RELEASES, and now you betray me like this? AonE has now fallen in the useless fansub group\’s pit for me. GG

19. Xirix said,
    on March 13th, 2007 at 4:29 am

20. Seruji-sama said,
    on March 13th, 2007 at 6:16 am

Thanks xirix! XD

21. bigdeal said,
    on March 13th, 2007 at 11:41 am

So what\’s the big f*cking deal here? AOne, I love you guys but when quality speedsubbers like DB are around, there really isn\’t a need for other groups to sub Naruto. AOne should focus on other projects that need quality subbers and that\’s why I think they made the right move.

With regards to Naruto, DB has improved so much in the last few years that the quality of their Naruto subs has actually surpassed AOne subs. Just compare the subs from the latest eps. DB is clearly more conversational and more faithful to the context. \

22. bigdeal said,
    on March 13th, 2007 at 11:50 am

(continued from above)
    Maybe AOne seems more “babelfish” to me because I’m a Japanese native, fluent in both Japanese and english?

Here’s hoping for more AOne subs for anime that actually needs it! Leave Naruto to DB (and SD if they can improve their subs.)

I’ll still miss you guys and thx for all the great work!

23. drez said,
    on March 13th, 2007 at 12:00 pm

im so happy you are not dropping DDD! 😀 as a loyal DDD fan i must say we are not as many as the Naruto fans but we will never give you crap!

24. cool guy said,
    on March 14th, 2007 at 4:45 am

you go drez 😛
    What you said is true 😉

25. CitriC said,
    on March 14th, 2007 at 3:39 pm

i wonder how DDD fans would feel like if their show got canceled like Naruto then you would see how frustated they are 🙂

“Ya know Anon, it’s twats and their comments like you that make fansubbing unenjoyable in the first place. Aone doesn’t owe you shit.”

That is entirely true 🙂 but what is the purpose of fanssubers ? owe people ? lol.. i don’t think so 🙂 they exist to serve the public! right ? when the service drops at half of the show, the fansub tends do drop on people’s consideration! :\

and that is the truth wheter you like it or not! which sucks tbh

26. Atolicus said,
    on March 14th, 2007 at 7:44 pm

For four years you have worked on providing Naruto for us in a timely manner. For four years I have anxiously waited, week after week, for your superior quality in fansubbing for Naruto and other shows. I understand the way your group feels about continuing—sometimes organizations need to take different routes, restructure and reorganize. Although I am saddened by your decision to drop Naruto especially since it is finally getting good again, there is no lapse in honor here. You have been dedicated for a long time. As a loyal and dedictaed fan of this group I hold no grudge. But I do make one selfish request. Would it be possible to also finish subbing the 2nd Naruto Movie. I think, then, it would be a fully completed endeavor since the new season of Naruto is technically a different show (for legal and licencing purposes). I think that would give me good enough closure anyways.

on March 14th, 2007 at 8:57 pm

interesting point Atolicus makes about Naruto. In 4 years, the Naruto project has generated 215 episodes, and a couple ovas and specials and a movie. In 5 years, the Daa Daa Daa project has generated 59 episodes.

Naruto fans think they’ve got it hard, ’cause they have to wait or pick a different release. Those Daa fans have been pretty well stranded for a solid year longer than Naruto has existed.

I’m no fan of shoujo-style anime in general, and in particular dislike Daa. But there’s a lot of good organizational reasons for AnimeOne not to commit to another indeterminate death-march like they got into with Naruto series 1. They really need to get the demoralizing factors off their plate, and projects that should have been over with three years ago definitely fit that description.

Also … fansubbing as a public service? Hardly. Fansubbing is a hobby, which serves the interests of the fansubbers. Whether the fansubbers’ interests lie in making people happy, honing their language skills, playing with pretty graphics or new technologies, or just burning a couple hours a week, that’s what it’s meant for. Don’t go putting things on pedestals that don’t belong on them.

28. drez said,
    on March 15th, 2007 at 7:00 am

*i wonder how DDD fans would feel like if their show got canceled like Naruto then you would see how frustated they are*

i don\\\’t agree with this considering the months without any DDD release out there. i would argue on it but complich8 said it better. also, statements such as the one saying that the group will be forgotten after dropping Naruto are ridiculous and make me really angry! some of the biggest fansub groups out there never subbed Naruto, nor Bleach. people started picking on DDD after we expressed our happiness that the group will probably have more time to work on it now. but DDD and Naruto can not be compared – first of all AonE is the ONLY group subbing it. so, please don\\\’t hate on us, we\\\’ve waited long enough and are just hopeful we get to see our show finished.

29. verm said,
    on March 15th, 2007 at 9:35 am

I\\\\\\\’m really sad to hear you guys have to decided to not continue with Naruto S2, I was really looking forward to it! While I can understand your situation and reasons I hope you\\\\\\\’ll take the time sometime in the future and re-evaluate things! You guys did a fantastic job with S1 I look forwrad to your work in other series!

30. Spike said,
    on March 16th, 2007 at 7:35 pm

Thanks for a great job with Naruto season 1 and being frank about stopping at 220. I\’m still hoping you pick up Shippuuden eventually. Thanks again!

31. beyonder said,
    on March 19th, 2007 at 5:09 am

thanks for Naruto so far, AonE. Thanks also to ANBU!

32. Frank B Lee said,
    on March 25th, 2007 at 2:40 am

Ugh, dattebayo just released yet another YHBT episode. (not that I downloaded it…)

Why can’t it be more like AonE?

33. Anonymous said,
    on March 25th, 2007 at 1:55 pm

Well the YHBTs are part of DB\’s charm. They realease them when they are taking a little longer to get the release out, or, if any of you morons bother to go look up the episode release schedule, when there is no new episode playing in Japan that week. Its something they do to allow those who keep up with their site to know that they still exist, rather than post only when a new episode is out, like ADC-Elites or some other fansubbers out there.

34. Guest00 said,
    on March 27th, 2007 at 9:11 am

Man why take away Gundam Seed Destiny Special was waiting realli long for you guy to subb it…

35. weela said,
    on June 21st, 2007 at 5:25 pm

It\’s great to hear that you have not dropped daa daa daa! I almost jump every time I see a new episode come out, and check for a new episode when I get back from a times computer absence. Can\’t wait to see ep 60, thank you for still subbing it 🙂

36. Juben said,
    on March 19th, 2008 at 3:14 pm

I was talking with a friend about good subbers and he always wondered why my anbu aone eps would show on my PS3 and his db version would not work. I told him I got it from an old school subber back when I was in college. I stopped after the filler was around graduation and so on. I wanted to come back and see if you guys still were doing the subs and found this 😥 . It reminded of the old times where animeone and anbu were in a “disagreement” I even have a few old eps from both of groups divided. Even though I’m a year late and I did start back up when season 2 started, you guys will always be the best, although not going to lie if I wanted a good ebonics version of naruto I got it from saiyaman if anyone remembers them lol translations were poor but they were sure funny, downloaded yours a day after it came out. You guys are missed and will always be missed. You guys will always have the best PQ and AQ, take care and wish you the best. :mrgreen:

37. thattidiot said,
    on December 18th, 2008 at 8:38 am

i hope you guys can continue subbing daa daa daa episodes cos many people like it and im actually one of them 😀 ty

38. Chappy said,
    on January 14th, 2009 at 6:36 am

No More Naruto? 😐
    No More Naruto Shippuuden? 🙁
    Guess got Nothing to Worry about Naruto Cause I Got them All 220 Episodes on my 1.5TB HD from AonE to DB 😀 HA. . . HA. . . . HA. . . . . . . 😉

But for Naruto Shippudden 😕 Damn!!!! 😡