November 16th, 2006

Yikes …

Posted by complich8 in Site News

[16:10] <DO> I sneezed so hard that server fell

Yeah, that’s it. It’s DO’s fault, blame him. Dang IRC admin …

(not really)

Ok, so here’s the real story. Wilik IM’s me a couple nights ago, saying

Can you do me a huge favor and see why up2date is broken? I need to install some stuff via up2date but it doesnt work because its all fucked up, it looks like the /usr/lib/python2.2/site_packages/OpenSSL/__init__.py[c] files are fucked up and cant be read

Well, I knew that wasn’t a good sign, ’cause I hadn’t touched it in a couple days, and it had been working before. So, I went and took a look, and got a front-row seat as the system locked up. Some trouble-ticket pingpong later, well …

Long story short, remember how a couple months ago (back in June, apparently) we thought the disk was on the way out? Well, it turns out, we were right :-p. The disk ate it, hard. But, because of some good backups, and a little bit of luck on our part (most files are still readable), we should be able to recover up pretty well. And we get an updated version of RHEL out of the deal! It’s nice finally being in a 2.6 kernel on this machine. Almost, but not quite, worth the runarounds and headaches and fuckups dealing with our provider and all that.

Anyway, we’re working to restore functionality. The forums should be back up and running tonight (minus 2 days worth of posts, my latest db backups were Sunday morning), irc is back up, and the tracker should be back up pretty soon (as soon as I resolve some linking issues). Everything else that was here … well, it’s on the way.

11 Responses to ' Yikes … '

1. Thi3f said,
    on November 16th, 2006 at 5:49 pm

Thank you very much for your hard work 🙂

2. DiiWai said,
    on November 17th, 2006 at 10:28 am

Even though I’m not there that much, good job !

3. Degozaru_Yo said,
    on November 18th, 2006 at 2:19 pm

Even though I’m not that regular anymore, thank’s for the effort !

4. dragonrage said,
    on November 18th, 2006 at 4:40 pm

thank you complich8. I believe DO though, he has reasons to do such a thing

5. PoRi said,
    on November 19th, 2006 at 1:11 am

Sorry if I bother you…I have a very big problem.

Is there something wrong with Kyou Kara Maou 73’s Torrent?
    It links to page which has many alphabets that I can’t understand, and I can’t dowlaod anything. T T

Thank you for your hard work.

on November 19th, 2006 at 4:42 am

that’d be me forgetting to “AddType application/x-bittorrent .torrent” in the new apache config file.

Should be working correctly now.

7. dddsfsdfs said,
    on November 21st, 2006 at 8:58 am

what happend with alexander ovechkin fanpage????

8. Mjkseven said,
    on November 21st, 2006 at 5:35 pm

Everything is fucked up.

9. on November 21st, 2006 at 10:09 pm

WHERE THE HELL IS THE ALEXANDER OVECHKIN FANPAGE????

10. Ovech said,
    on November 24th, 2006 at 12:12 pm

So seriously what happened to ovechkinfans.com and why is the domain name linking here.

on November 26th, 2006 at 10:05 pm

I’m not sure who runs ovechkinfans.com (ie: who’s responsible for it). The DNS points here because we hosted it, but whoever it is who is actually responsible for it needs to contact me about what we’re going to do about it. Same deal with any other pages that redirect here that shouldn’t.

I won’t be doing anything with that site until I at least know who’s responsible for it. Sorry. And spamming, swearing, or generally making an ass of yourself (comments deleted ^_^) isn’t going to help that any.

I’m fairly easy to reach, just have whoever the site admin for that is contact complich8 on AIM, and we’ll see if we can figure out what’s up.