March 8th, 2006

New site design is LIVE!

Posted by Ciber in Site News

New forums are also coming soon, don’t worry you won’t lose your posts/accounts.

We’re also looking for writers, so if you’re interested send samples to Ciber@GotWoot.net

Leave any comments you have here.

21 Responses to ' New site design is LIVE! '

1. Village Musashi said,
    on March 9th, 2006 at 12:13 am

Woah! AWESOME! :mrgreen:

2. XanBcoo said,
    on March 9th, 2006 at 12:20 am

Sweet, can’t wait to see what kind of update we’re in for.

Also, do you mean writers as in, writers for the main site?

3. Turkish-S said,
    on March 9th, 2006 at 12:37 am

Nice..
    No more random picture’s.?

4. Kraco said,
    on March 9th, 2006 at 2:09 am

Man… It looks like we lost the random thumbnail from the gallery with the new design. Although the pics often didn’t make any sense as people have uploaded all kinds of images, still sometimes it was very nice. And I have to confess I visited the front page often just hoping the thumbnail would be from my own gallery… (Yeah, that was pathetic…)

This new desing doesn’t look bad, though, even if it looks a lot like the temporal one. But I guess I already got used to it, and forgot gradually the old one. Truncating the news is a good feature. This is still very business like, but I suppose that’s what the world nowadays looks largely everywhere, so why not go with the tide.

5. Kraco said,
    on March 9th, 2006 at 2:12 am

What on earth is this? I wrote a lenghty and detailed comment (mostly positive even), pressed the Submit Comment button, and all that happened was that the comment got erased? That sucks.

6. masamuneehs said,
    on March 9th, 2006 at 6:56 am

Kraco, apparently a moderation system is also part of the new overhaul. So yours and everyone else’s comments were waiting to be approved.

I also like this layout alot. And I’m super curious what the revamped forums will be like!

7. Ero-Fan said,
    on March 9th, 2006 at 7:05 am

I like the new banner, and the random (well, 5) pics that they use for it. Definitly got to say Nami and Robin one is my favorite. Is there any idea how long the forums will be down for? Also, the expanded list of smileys is nice. I guess. http://www.gotwoot.net/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif
    😈
    Yeah, I miss the random pic from the galleries, too.

8. Ero-Fan said,
    on March 9th, 2006 at 8:16 am

Sorry for the double post, but there’s no edit button for these (god I wish I could edit that damn link out). I just noticed something; Is it just me, or are the time stamps here static? By that, I mean they are based in a certain time-zone. Because I know for a fact that I posted that last post at 8 est. I don’t know that that is a problem, it just seemed odd to me. And this delay on our posts is kinda annoying, but I guess its needed since I don’t see a mod edit button on them. Oh well, I was just curious if other people noticed the time stamp thing or not.

9. Kraco said,
    on March 9th, 2006 at 8:46 am

Because Ciber said we shouldn’t worry about losing our post counts, I take it the new forums mean a whole new forums engine. If that’s the case, I can only hope it would bring along with it the standard tags used in other forum systems… I still haven’t learnt the ones used here (those that are different).

10. nests said,
    on March 9th, 2006 at 9:09 am

Since the forums are down here is the link for Naruto Manga chapter 298 Raw LQ

11. Ero-Fan said,
    on March 9th, 2006 at 9:23 am

God bless you nests. I was so goddamn bored here at work. Awsome. Shall we have a discussion here about it? πŸ˜‰

12. masamuneehs said,
    on March 9th, 2006 at 9:44 am

dont you fucking dare 😈

wait for the forums to go back up.

13. Kensee said,
    on March 9th, 2006 at 9:52 am

The look … the layout .. she is like, fine wine … with a woman.

It is beautiful thing. :mrgreen:

14. nests said,
    on March 9th, 2006 at 10:34 am

Here is the Bleach manga 218 Raw

Dont discuss it here I dont wanna get in trouble just wait for the forums to be back up,
    I hope the forums areas good looking as the front page

15. Knives122 said,
    on March 9th, 2006 at 11:21 am

New design is tight, but I suggest making more then 4-5(seeing the same thing over and over can get annoying) πŸ˜›

16. Ero-Fan said,
    on March 9th, 2006 at 12:17 pm

Goddamn you people can’t take a joke. I was just kidding about discussing it, hence the ;). And the rest of the banners should be more like #3. That would be better. And more distracting. Keep eyes busy and fixiated.

17. nests said,
    on March 9th, 2006 at 6:08 pm

Bleach Licensed ?
    There are currently reports going around, stemming from this article on C21 Media, that Viz has “licensed” Bleach (TV). Due to the fact that the article quotes staff at Viz Media BV in Europe and that Viz holds international rights for many titles that it has not decided to release in North America, Anime News Network is waiting for confirmation from Viz before reporting that the Bleach is “licensed” for release in North America.

18. Knives122 said,
    on March 9th, 2006 at 9:03 pm

I said at Bleach7 that bleach getting licensed is “very” annoying. Hopefully Lunar can do the type of thing those groups did with GSDestiny and Basilisk (but I doubt it)

oh well, we’ll still have DB to give us our weekly Bleach

19. XanBcoo said,
    on March 9th, 2006 at 9:43 pm

Is Lunar the type of group to stop subbing a series once it’s licensed?

20. darkmetal505 said,
    on March 9th, 2006 at 9:51 pm

sweet new layout, i like it.

I hope lunar doesnt stop

21. Jman said,
    on March 12th, 2006 at 11:46 pm

Haven’t been here in a long while, and I am pleased to see such a wonderful new layout.
    Keep up the good work team.