February 25th, 2006

Gundam SEED Stargazer?

Posted by masamuneehs in Anime

–A sales solicitation for the upcoming Japanese Gundam Seed Destiny Special Edition DVD release includes the following statement, “The Seed boom heats up! OVA Mobile Suit Gundam Seed C.E. 73 Stargazer (tentative title)’ currently being planned!.” No further details about the OVA have been released.–

Source: Gunota (bout half way down the page)

God save the Queen!

That’s right folks. Sounds like that wacky Fukuda is going to be at it again (with his crazy, talent-lacking wife in tow…) Since Gundam is basically a cash cow, I’m not surprised they’re milking the Seed series for all its worth. And for all you who say ‘it’s probably just another rumor’ I trust Gunota, and they say its been confirmed by Aishen Mail Order that the advertisement is actually going to be on the SEED Destiny Special Edition.

Bandai’s official website for the SEED Destiny Special Edition is here, but I can’t read Japanese….

What surprises me about this OVA (that’s right, OVA, not series) is that it’s said to be set in C.E. 73, the same year as Destiny was. So I’m thinking it might be like Astray, a sorta side-story to the events of Destiny. But what really baffles me is that ‘Break the World’ and the beginning of the war in SEED Destiny is set ‘in late C.E. 73’. Does this mean that Stargazer is going to be a prequel? I have no clue, I’m only relating what I’ve read.

Oh, yeah, who the hell am I? Name’s masamuneehs. You’ll be seeing more of me than you’ll probably want to in the future. I’ll be helping out on the site and hopefully implementing some fun new features, along with the help of other GotWoot staff. I’m an American, but I’m studying in Italy for a semester and am in the springtime of my life. I tend to be a little long-winded (as you probably already gathered) but that’s just how it is.

I’m sure you all want to go post comments on this news, so have at it you beasts.

34 Responses to ' Gundam SEED Stargazer? '

1. Jadugar said,
    on February 25th, 2006 at 10:53 am

no comment!

2. mage said,
    on February 25th, 2006 at 2:25 pm

news on the gotwoot front page? i wonder how long this will last

3. LaZie said,
    on February 25th, 2006 at 2:47 pm

A few days perhaps 😛

4. Kraco said,
    on February 25th, 2006 at 4:41 pm

With the forums down, masamuneehs, and others as well, have extra energy left to spend here. But considering the lenght of his news post, I’d say he’s pretty serious.

5. XanBcoo said,
    on February 25th, 2006 at 4:54 pm

I’m in favor of the news updates like this one. Good job masamuneehs.

6. God#2 said,
    on February 25th, 2006 at 4:57 pm

Wait, doesnt OVA stand for something like “Original *__something that starts witha v___* MANGA” ? Is there a manga for Gundam Seed Destiny? I know there is one for Seed, but never knew anything about a manga for destiny. Also, did the Gundam Seed anime come out first or the manga? just wondering if the mind of Fukuda could come up with something as great as G-Seed.

7. mage said,
    on February 25th, 2006 at 5:45 pm

it stands for Original Video Animation, i don’t see how you could fit “manga” anywhere in there.

8. God#2 said,
    on February 25th, 2006 at 6:21 pm

Oh, nvm then :p But still, did the Gundam Seed anime come first or the manga?

9. masamuneehs said,
    on February 25th, 2006 at 9:28 pm

Kraco, XanBcoo,
    good job sucking up. but, unfortunatetley i’m still not a moderator on the forums (if/when they get back up)
    I’ve just been chosen to do some updates on the frontpage. and no, i won’t fade away.

10. XanBcoo said,
    on February 26th, 2006 at 5:23 am

I’m not sucking up, I just like that there’s more activity on the main site now.

11. on May 21st, 2006 at 12:04 am

:wink:Come on,faster st malaysia la!

12. Anonymous said,
    on May 24th, 2006 at 9:38 pm

:oops::oops::oops::neutral::eek:

13. Anonymous said,
    on May 24th, 2006 at 9:38 pm

:mrgreen::twisted::evil::wink:

14. Anonymous said,
    on May 24th, 2006 at 9:39 pm

wat the fuck is this stupid fuckin forum?

15. GS&GSD^GW fan said,
    on June 4th, 2006 at 12:15 am

Ok, I have searched the web for everything on the GSD and the plot changes and about gundam seed “enternity”(which is apparently going to be called “Gundam Seed Stargazer”) and how the first three OVA’s are just for previews. I hope that the creator of Gundam seed Stargazer snaps out of this tranz, and realizes that the “Gundam Seed” plot was good enough and should have a most of the main characters back, because if they do not, “Gundam Seed Stargazer” is going to become the next rip of like “Gundam Seed Astray”. So I hope all the fans can convince the creator to go back with the main characters, but at the same time have a different plot (ending wise). I feel that many hardcore GS & GSD fans would be heart broken if we do not learn what happens to the GS world with the main characters. : }

16. Anonymous said,
    on June 16th, 2006 at 3:47 pm

:roll::roll::oops::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::mad::lol::wink::cry::roll::eek::lol::mad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::neutral::evil::cool::???::roll:

17. I hate you said,
    on July 12th, 2006 at 9:30 pm

@GS&GSD^GW fan: You a retard, or something?
    -Gundam SEED Eternity was a bullshit rumor. I KNOW the guy who started it, for chrissakes!
    -Stargazer is a sidestory to GSD, beginning after Break the World. Fukuda, Hirai, Morosawa, etc…ARE NOT INVOLVED.
    -Astray’s not a ripoff, dumbass. It’s a fucking SIDE STORY. Just like 08th MS Team and War in the Pocket were SIDE STORIES to the original Gundam, just like Last Outpost/G-Unit is a SIDE-STORY to Wing. Happens at the same time, with different people.
    -Personally, I’m GLAD the retard patrol isn’t in this. They had their own series, and then they ruined another one. Fucking terrorists.

@Anonymous: You’re also a retard? “wat the fuck is this stupid fuckin forum?” Learn to spell, dumb-shit.

@God#2: No, stupid. O.V.A. is Original Video Animation. And this isn’t an OVA, it’s an ONA – Internet-release. (Original Net Animation)

As for Stargazer? Sounds like it’s gonna kick ass…I just wish it were three times as long.

18. Anonymous said,
    on July 27th, 2006 at 11:41 pm

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::sad::???::cool::grin:

19. ronie said,
    on July 29th, 2006 at 2:09 am

just wait………for GUNDAM SEED THE MOVIE…………!!!!!

20. ronie said,
    on July 29th, 2006 at 2:18 am

i have idea…:wink: how if gundam seed not just 2D but 3D like FINAL FANTASY SPIRIT WITHIN????

21. ronie from INDONESIA said,
    on July 29th, 2006 at 2:22 am

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::evil::evil::evil::evil::wink::wink::wink::wink:

22. Miztrez_Arcueid said,
    on August 6th, 2006 at 6:16 pm

😳 kinda noticed wat are the events are on this series and what are the new on this series please tell me about it and what happened to athrun zala and cagalli yula attha
    😀

23. Anonymous said,
    on September 5th, 2006 at 8:13 am

😛

24. Kroov Hamuts said,
    on September 15th, 2006 at 1:07 am

Realy? That’s 74408 crazy!!

25. runtzguy said,
    on September 19th, 2006 at 1:10 am

Theres gona be only 3 ep in Stargazer, however this may seem stupid. My theory is that somethin happened in that 3 ep… and they(director & his staff) is probably building up another reason to have another war… They would just probably start a whole new series or continue on with the name and start the whole show after the defeat of dullindal and the characters would probably include the old GSD characters like Kira, and Athrun

26. domon?! said,
    on September 20th, 2006 at 10:29 pm

Gundam Seed Stargazer’s characters wasn’t cute anyway………….

27. domon?! The Indonesian said,
    on September 20th, 2006 at 10:35 pm

Kira n’ Lucas will be sad with this newest version of gundam……

28. ooo said,
    on September 22nd, 2006 at 6:48 am

who’s d characters of stargazer anyway?

29. akai said,
    on November 3rd, 2006 at 7:55 pm

i heard rumor new Gundam Seed series release 2007 it call “Revolution”after Destiny and new main character Take role. i can’t wait

30. kai said,
    on November 4th, 2006 at 7:32 pm

Great i heard that too 3rd season of Gundam seed has begin. Revolution so cool.

31. Dave said,
    on December 5th, 2006 at 5:07 am

Hello all,

im new to this whole gundam stuff enjoyed Gundam Wing, and just finished watching Gundam Seed wich was even better i thought. Just purchased Gundam Seed Destiny hope Fully will be as good as G Seed. was looking on internet and come across Gundam Seed Stargazer, read all you comments above and was wondering if somebody new the actually story to it etc?

32. private said,
    on September 8th, 2007 at 11:59 pm

I stood up to the end – – year. Idt. They private island for sale were.

33. topless said,
    on September 17th, 2007 at 10:08 am

Without a way up with barely topless swimsuits a raging slut and gaping.

34. ivvodqereh said,
    on December 9th, 2008 at 5:55 am

I opened my panty trained sissy head, i smiled as his scrotum.